If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you. For 60 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS.
Vacancy Notice No.Zim/2011:42 – Human Resources Officer – NOA Level (Fixed Term Post)
Position being re-advertised and previous applicants will be considered, no need to reapply.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of human resources activities within the Human Resources Unit, with particular focus on the staff welfare and development component of the human resource function in the country office.
- Participate in the identification of training needs, preparation of training proposals, arrangements for implementation and evaluation of impact on staff/office performance.
- Undertake the planning, implementation and administration of country office training activities e.g. workshops, seminars, group learning activities; making sure of the appropriateness of participants, determining objectives based on a training needs analysis and evaluation of training impact.
- Participate in the Local Learning Committee and ensure timely implementation of the annual training plan and follow-up actions. Maintain files and records on all learning activities and materials.
- Ensure that relevant materials and documentation on learning and career development are circulated to staff. Inform and update staff on policy changes and instructions related to learning and career development.
- Carry out the recruitment process of all categories of staff according to UN/UNICEF rules, regulations, procedures and policies. Review appropriateness of job descriptions, arrange internal and/or external advertisement(s) and, in consultation with supervisors, undertake the short-listing of candidates for reviews by appropriate bodies.
- Advise and inform all staff on the correct application and interpretation of UN/UNICEF personnel rules, regulations, procedures and policies. Provide on-going counselling to all categories of staff in the office.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Advanced University degree in Business Administration, with specialization in Personnel Management or Training.
- Three years of professional work experience in the field of Human Resource or personnel administration.
- Work experience in an international organization is desirable.
- Good judgment, initiative, tact and discretion.
- Good analytical, negotiating, writing and communication skills.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of the local languages would be an asset
If you have experience of working in a similar capacity, meet the above profile and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, send your application letter and curriculum vitae quoting vacancy notice number to the following address.
(Vacancy Notice: Zim-2011:42)
UNICEF, 6 Fairbridge Avenue,
P O Box 1250
or email: hararevacancies [at] gmail [dot] com
Applications should be received by 5 January 2012. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.