Work in and for Zimbabwe. Help grow our nation. Check out the vacancies below. If you’d like to receive this sort of information, as well as civic and human rights updates, by email each week drop us a note saying “subscribe” to: info [at] kubatana [dot] net
Economic Recovery & Development Officer – Marketing: International Rescue Committee
Deadline: 15 March 2013
The ERD Officer will assist in the overall design of the IRC value chain program and in collaboration with the Economic Recovery and Development Co-ordinator, to strengthen the capacity of smallholder farmers and SMEs to access markets and diversify their livelihood options.
Technical responsibilities / Program Implementation
1. Work with ERD coordinator in identifying agricultural market chains that can benefit local communities and the specific information gaps that can be addressed
2. Facilitation of participatory market chain workshops
3. Facilitate linkages between smallholder farmers, SMEs and markets for high value chains.
4. Assist the ERD coordinator in the development of the IRC Zimbabwe value chain training materials.
5. Coordinate the production of training reports to track performance and progress, according to M & E templates
6. Assist the M&E Technical Advisor and the ERD Coordinator to identify appropriate value chain related indicators and carry out M & E activities for the program.
Representation and Coordination
1. Participate in the development of standards, guidelines and other context-specific tools for economic activities with other partners as well as inter-sector IRC meetings and coordination, as required
2. Liaise and coordinate with the local authorities, relevant ministries, local partners, community leaders and other key stakeholders in areas of operation regarding agricultural value chain assistance.
Skills and Qualifications
-Diploma or University degree in marketing. Specific qualification in agricultural marketing would be an added advantage
-A post graduate diploma in business management would be an added advantage
-At least 2 years working in the private sector on agricultural value chains in Zimbabwe
-Experience in contract negotiation and management of agricultural commodities
-Strong understanding of small holder agricultural and SMEs economy and value chains
-Excellent organizational, project planning, communication and time management skills
-Fluent written and spoken English and Shona
Interested candidates from the private sector are strongly encouraged to apply. Qualified candidates should send their detailed CVs and cover letters to: Zimbabwe [at] rescue [dot] org and write ERD-Marketing Officer in the subject line.