TOR for Consultant for the Revision of the Zimbabwe Women Lawyers Association Financial Procedures Manual
Deadline: 23 November 2012
ZWLA is a registered non- governmental organization of women lawyers which was established in 1996. The organization has grown since its establishment and it now runs a number of programs which are managed by different officers. ZWLA also has a regional office in Bulawayo. ZWLA had an accounting manual which was last reviewed in 2003. Due to the rapid change in our economy and the change in currency and unprecented levels of inflation world over there is need to review and update our financial policies , so that we are in compliance with International accounting standards. There is also need to ensure that throughout ZWLA there are adequate financial management systems in place both at Head Office and the regional office.
To review the existing financial policies and procedures manual of ZWLA and develop improved processes to ensure that the overall financial management system of ZWLA is clearly documented, strengthened and robust.
ZWLA will contract the services of a consultant with proven experience in reviewing the Financial procedures manual.
Scope of work
Carry out an assessment of the existing financial management system, procedures and practices and identify gaps and areas which may require improvement and strengthening.
The following steps have to be carried out consequent to this:
- Familiarize themselves with current ZWLA Financial Policies & ZWLA programmes
- Liase with ZWLA , auditors, members, staff , Finance and Audit committee Board
- Ensure a participatory process in coming up with the revised policies and procedures
- Put in place the necessary procedures, practices and training to fill capacity gaps and strengthen the Financial systems
- Facilitate the training of staff members and or board on the new policies and procedures
Duration and Placement
The contract period is from 22 November 2012 to 29 November 2012
The consultant will be remunerated by ZWLA and will work a total of 7 days
- An Inception report
- A revised Financial Policies & Procedures Manual
- Training workshop for staff on the new policies and procedures manual and report of the same
The consultant will report to the Chairperson of the Finance and Audit Committee but work closely with the Finance Officer who will be their contact person within the organization
Qualifications & Experience required
- An Accounting Degree/Professional Qualification in Accounting/Finance
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience in the setup/review of Financial Systems for NGOs
The material arising from the contract shall be the property of ZWLA and cannot be used without expressed written consent by ZWLA.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or deliver hard copies to ZWLA, 17 Fife Avenue, Harare.